Rukmini Shetty Memorial Sudhakar Shetty B.C.A. College
Karnatak University, Dharwad
The Three Year Under Graduate Bachelor of Computer Application program trains students in state-of-the-art computer technology. The emphasis is on helping students learn the theory and apply it successfully in developing information systems.
The B.C.A program aims at developing to face challanges in IT (Information- Technology) and ITES(Information Technology Enabled Services) Students are trained to design and implement information systems that enhance organizational and financial functions,and value to existing products or customers,provide new products,enhance or add to distribution channels or enhance decision making.
Success in this field requires an ongoing commitment to learning new knowledge, acquiring new skills and developing new attitudes.
The B.C.A Graduates students can also pursue to post-graduation courses like MCA, MBA and/or other professional courses.
The basic purpose of the B.C.A program is to create breed of professionals trained in.
Scheme & Syllabus of study & Examination for B.C.A degree:
SCHEME OF STUDY:
* There shall be five-theory paper and two-practical each carrying 100 marks (80+20) from 1-5 (first to fifth) semester
* For the Final Sixth semester, There shall be five theory papers and one project work during this semester instead of two practical subjects.
* The Project Work shall be Carried out either independently or jointly –
(Maximum of Two Students).
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
* At the End of each Semester there shall be University Examination of Three Hours duration in each of the theory paper/practical carrying 80 marks.
* Internal Assessment (IA) carrying 20 marks in each of theory paper/practical shall be based on the performance of the students in two written tests of one hour duration.
* No Minimum marks for passing is required in Internal Assessments.
* At the End of the Sixth Semester each student shall have to submit the completed Project Report
* The evolution of this Report shall be Certified by Internal and External Guide and Duly Signed by the Principal / Chairman / Head / Course Co-coordinator.
* The Project Report shall be evaluated by Two Examiners for 200 marks and Viva shall carry 100 marks.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO B.C.A COURSE:
Any candidate who has passed the Two Year Pre-University Examination (10+2) with Science / Commerce discipline conducted by the Department of Pre-University Education in Karnataka with 35% Marks or any other Examination such as Job Oriented Course (JOC), Diploma with 35% Marks as Considered Equivalent there to 10+2 by the Karnatak University is eligible for admission to the B.C.A course.